We are strengthening Ouman R&D team with SW engineer – Oulu area
Ouman Oy operates in building automation HVAC domain creating complete world class automation systems utilizing cutting edge IoT technologies for buildings including sensors, controllers and cloud monitoring systems.
In 30 years, we have grown from a Finnish manufacturer of controllers to an international building automation industry expert. Our solutions are enjoyed by residents, property owners, property managers, contractors, engineers and equipment manufacturers across Europe. We are the biggest manufacturer of HVAC controllers in the Nordic countries and produce 1.2 million products annually.
Ouman has six locations in Finland – in Kempele, Oulu, Rauma, Espoo, Turku and Tampere. In addition to our offices and factories, our field organisation has people across the country. Our foreign customers are served also through offices located in Gothenburg and St. Petersburg. Our factories are located in Kempele, Finland, and Kuressaare, Estonia.
In addition to sharp product development skills and an efficient production team, Ouman has a skilful group of property automation experts. Ouman Group’s net sales are EUR 33 million and the company employs over 280 people. Visit www.ouman.fi for more information about the company.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen within our R&D team as a SW Engineer.
In this embedded SW engineer role, you will be responsible of building automation device software and system platform development in R&D projects. With your good interpersonal skills and a team player attitude you will fit nicely to our crew. Like rest of us, you have curious mind and a constant desire to learn new technologies and better ways of creating new solutions. Your responsibility area covers product functionality, reliability, information security and usability. You will work in SW development team in R&D department.
- Applicable technical education (M.Sc., B.Sc.)
- In this role you may have 1-2 years embedded SW development experience, but we will consider also potential just graduated candidates as well
- Embedded device software development skills in C/C++
- Knowledge of processor and memory architectures and real time operating systems like RTX and FreeRTOS
- Interest in developing your coding skills and learning new technologies
- Basic understanding of electrical circuit diagrams
- Fluent spoken and written Finnish and English
- Experience of various connectivity technologies including Ethernet, Wifi, BLE, NFC in embedded environments
- Good knowledge of network communication and security TCP/IP, TLS, VPN, SSH
- Experience of IoT (AWS, Azure) technologies for embedded devices
- Experience of UI design and other SW developing languages
Interesting and versatile job in a growing building automation business with state-of-the-art products, supportive team and competitive benefits in a well established company.
Applications and more information about this job from Vesa Paaso, vesa.paaso(ät)ouman.fi. Contact by phone (+358 40 840 2340) during the following times:
Wednesday 29.5 at 9-11
Wednesday 5.6 at 14-16
Tuesday 11.6 at 14-16
Please send your CV and application letter (in English) including salary request by 16 June 2019.
The candidate interviews will be started as soon as interesting applications are received and the position will be filled as soon as right person is found.